We offer daily trip from Antalya to Istanbul. If you are in Antalya with limited time and would like to visit Istanbul then we can help you to organise a day trip. You will visit the most exciting historic sights of Istanbul inscribed on the UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE LIST in 1985 for meeting criteria which was described by UNESCO Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
- Things to see: Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome and obelisk, Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace
- Full-day tour of Istanbul’s essential sites
- Skip the ticket line with pre-ordered entry tickets
- Discover the history of Istanbul’s landmarks with a professional guide
- Includes two ways domestic flights from/to Antalya, lunch, transportation, guide, entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off
What to Expect
Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Antalya Airport. Flight to Istanbul. After arrival transfer to Old City for a tour of ; and continue to visit;
Hagia Sophia , built by Constantine the Great in 325 on the remains of a pagan temple. Rebuilt by Justinian and Theodora. Described as greatest church in Christendom, is certainly a masterpiece with a synthesis of the Occident and the Orient.
Topkapi Palace , was constructed between the years of 1460 and 1478 during the reign of Sultan Mehmed II(The Conquerer). It has been the seat of government for the Ottoman Empire.
Sultanahmet Mosque(Blue Mosque), was constructed by Sedefkar Mehmet Aga under the command of Ahmed I in 1609-1617. Almost all the interior parts of this huge mosque is covered by tile. The tiles of which blue and green(turquoise) colors are dominant, form more than twenty thousand panels.
The Hippodrome of Constantinople was the place for horse races. Constructed in 203 , during the reign of the emperor Septimius Severus, and expanded after 324 by Constantine the Great. It was about 130 meters wide 450 meters long. The hippodrome could accommodate about 40.000-50.000 people.
German Fountain is a monument dedicated to the second visit of the Prussian King and German Emperor Wilhelm II in 1898.
Obelisk of Theodosius , was originally set up by Tutmoses III of the 18th Dynasty of Egypt in close to 1450 BC along with a similar one in front of the Temple of Amun-Re at Karnak.
Grand Bazaar , was founded in 1461. It is the oldest and biggest closed bazaar of the World. Like an enormous labyrinth, it is a spectacular and unique part of Istanbul with 60 streets and over 3600 stores.
End of tour transfer back to Istanbul Airport. Flight to Antalya or any other destination.
Services Included for Tour
- Domestic flights from/to Antalya
- Services of professionally licensed tour guide and service fee
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- All transfers from/to airport and your hotel mentioned in the itinerary
- All Entrance fees & Museum fees mentioned by the itineraries
- All local taxes and services
Tips and gratuities
Drinks at lunch
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays
- Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
- Blue Mosque is closed until 14:00 on Fridays
- Hagia Sophia entrance will be restricted during praying time