We offer private day trip to Ephesus and Smyrna from Istanbul by flight everyday. First visit destination may change due to flight schedule. Ephesus was political and economic centre during Roman Empire by Diocletian. Smyrna , in Izmir, which has a history dating back to 8,500 years ago.
- Things to see: Ephesus Ancient City, Celsus Library, the Great Theater, Artemis Temple, Virgin Mary House
- Learn about the history of the ancient site from a professional guide.
- See historical and natural monuments
- Skip the ticket line with pre-ordered entry tickets
- Includes tour from Istanbul, two ways air ticket from/to Istanbul, lunch, transportation, guide, entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
What to Expect
Transfer from your hotel in Istanbul to airport. Flight to Ephesus. After arriving transfer to ancient city for tour as ;
Ephesus Ancient City , Ephesus was the capital of the Luwian Kingdom or Arzawa (16 th-13th centuries B.C)representing the most important power in western Anatolia, which was first a rival , then a vassal of the Hittite Empire. During the course of the 11 th century ;settlers from the Greek mainland conquered the coast of western Asia Minor, socalled Ionian colonization .The foundation myth refers to Androcios , the son of a legendary Attic king, who wrested Ephesus from the indigenous Carians Leleglans and Lydians .
The Curetes Street, (in antiquity, the Embolos) running through the valley depression between the two city mountains as the former Processional Way, does not follow the orthogonal street grid of the Hellenistic-Roman city.
The Temple of Hadrian, P. Vedius Antoninus Sabinus donated the small, temple-like monument which, according to a building inscription, honoured Emperor Hadrian (A.D. 117-138). The colonnade in front of the cella supports a so-called Syrian gable. The reliefs over the door lintel depicting the Ephesian foundation myth belong to a late antique rebuilding.
Celsus Library, assumed that the constrcution was completed in 117 A.D. It is made of very good marble and decorated with figures of Eros, Nike, rosettes and garlands in relief. The most distinctive building and one of the most photographed structure that is commonly associated with Ephesus. It was erected by Gaius Julius Aquila(son of Tiberius Julius Celsus Polemaeanus).
Drive from Ephesus to Izmir by car(takes around 1 hour). After arriving Smyrna, visit ;
Smyrna, Homer, the creator of the two main sources of the western culture, Iliad and Odyssey, according to the studies on the language and the dialect of which he uses in his works and some ancient sources is considered to be Smyrnaean. In the fertile West Anatolian geography where sciences such as mathematics, astronomy and philosophy flourished in the city of Smyrna, which gained importance and became rich especially in the Archaic Period.
End of tour transfer to airport. Flight back to Istanbul or any other point you wish.
Services Included for Tour
- Domestic flights from/to Istanbul
- Services of professionally licensed tour guide and service fee
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- All transfers from/to airport and your hotel mentioned in the itinerary
- All Entrance fees & Museum fees mentioned by the itineraries
- All local taxes and services
Tips and gratuities
Drinks at lunch