Departure everyday from Istanbul and Canakkale by bus. Troy is an enchanting and historic place, embracing the cultural treasures of the east and the west, brought to life by the ancient epics. You may feel the spirit of Troy where the mythological stories meet with the reality.
- Things to see: The Trojan Horse, Sacrificial Altars, The 3700-year-old city walls, Houses of Troy I, 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C. The Bouleuterium (Senate Building)
- Get lost among the ruins of the walls and the ancient temples of the legendary city of Troy.
- Cruise the Dardanelles Strait by ferry.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch and discover Homer’s influence on European literature.
- Includes lunch, transportation, guide, entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off
What to Expect
Pick up from your hotel (located central in istanbul) by air-conditioned non-smoking tour bus between 06:00 am. – 06:30 am. to drive to Ecebat and Upon arrival to Eceabat, you will have a lunch before we start to Troy Tour. On tour you will visit;
Houses of Troy I , 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C. , known as one of the oldest megaron type of houses.
Trojan Horse, is a tale from the Trojan War about the subterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the independent city of Troy and win the war.
The Bouleuterion(Senate Building), was a place of political gatherings.
The Odeon(Concert Hall), which was used to enjoy music performances. It was a small theatre with marble blocks.
Sacrificial Altar, next to theatre.
3700 years old city walls, in Troy I, the walls were built in a herringbone pattern, which is peculiar to this period.
Remains of the various cities from Troy I through to Troy IX, total of 9 periods of settlement which was established 5 thousand years ago.
End of tour depart to Istanbul at around 17:45. We will arrive to Istanbul at around 22:00 After arrival tranfer to your hotel in Istanbul.
Services Included for Tour
- Pick up and drop off (Sultanahmet or Taksim)
- Services of professionally licensed tour guide and service fee
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- All Entrance fees & Museum fees mentioned by the itineraries
- All local taxes and services
Tips and gratuities
Drinks at lunch
- If you would like to visit Gallipoli or Pergamon as well, you can stay a night and make the Gallipoli or Pergamon Tour(if available) next day.